Sunday, November 7, 2010

Orphan Sunday

Today is Orphan Sunday and November is recognized as National Adoption Month. I have to say that sometimes I stumble on the verbage "orphan".  The word itself makes my heart sad.  The dictionary definition of an orphan says: A child who has been deprived of parental care or one that lacks support, supervision. This takes me back to when we were in China bringing our first daughter home. While the dictionary definition doesn't tug at my heartstrings the knowledge that our beautiful daughter was left at what we like to call her finding spot which in reality is where she was abandoned takes on a whole new meaning and makes it very real and personal.  My bit of peace that I do have is because her birthmother chose life and as a result blessed us with our daughter; for that I am grateful. She blesses us daily and we can barely remember life before her.  Adoption may not be on your heart but the needs of the orphan are many.  I ask that each of you be still and listen to see if you hear the Lord speaking to you....

No comments:

Post a Comment