Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gratitude and Living in the Mommy Trenches


 Well that was quick, since my most recent post this week we have moved up another 3 spots on the infant girl list.  "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed , you can say to this mountain , "Move from here to there " and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."  I shouldn't be surprised by how GREAT our God is and I try to keep any unbelief that may creep into my heart at bay yet why is it that when prayer is answered I am indeed surprised? I truly believe that the daughter we are adopting into our family was His plan before ours so of course He is going to knit it all together wonderfully and beautifully.!!

I have been in the mommy trenches with a very sick little one.  I am thankful because up to this point she has only been to the doctor for her immunizations so realistically it was only a matter of time before our number came up.  I posted on my FB that it feels like grounds hog day, sick child, no shower, wiping, blowing and cleaning up.  After tomorow we will have been to the doctor 3 times in one week.  Poor baby, she is miserable. I could go into the gory details however just the thought of reliving it via this post wears me out! Big hugs to all you mommas out there as you love up your babes....and praying you rest.  ;)
P.S. Thank you Nikki for the gentle reminder that in the midst of it all we did move up 2 more spots!

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard when they are sick. Emma got really sick with hand, foot, mouth disease when we had been home just a few months. She felt so bad that she actually seemed angry at me as if she did not understand why I did not fix it for her. I hope it gets better soon. Does she have the flu? Hope you get a nap.

    ReplyDelete