Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Growing up...

Isn't it funny how we look forward to our children growing up and as they do in reality it becomes bittersweet? Emily started her first day of Pre K, she was so excited for this day to be here.  It was harder on me than it was on her.  She has a late birthday and we came very close to waiting another year before starting Pre K however due to several factors the top two being she is very social and the interaction with other children will be good for her and second being that I still have a good 3-6 months recovery ahead of me for my back so having the 2 half days for rest benefits me. I guess it's win-win.
She woke up excited and ready to go to school.  Her teacher, just returned from a mission trip to India and wore their traditional attire to school along with the henna art work on her arms and hands. Emily adores Mrs. R and is eager to return back to school. There are 9 students in her class; 3 boys and 6 girls.  It was a great first day!
"There are two lasting bequests we can give our children; one is roots, the other is wings"
by Cecilia Lasbury


 So excited for the 1st day of Pre K


Emily adores her teacher Mrs. R


Playing coy


Ready to head out the door for school


I was also pleasantly surprised when I saw that this years verse for the school year is one of my personal favorites and also on my blog. Isaiah 40:31 check it out... :) 


2 comments:

  1. All I'm saying is that your little girl is beautiful!!!! Your words were great, but I have to be honest - her face trumps it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! She is such a blessing to us!

    ReplyDelete