Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Journey to our Beloved; 1st leg

Our adventure begins!  We had an amazing send off.  We spent the morning worshiping and getting prayed over with the ministry team at our church.  What a heartwarming morning. The rest of the entire day I felt complete peace!

Thus far we have traveled from Boise to Denver.  We had a bit of turbulence and Miss Emily says "our pilot is sure driving a little crazy"...oh, how I love this daughter of mine! From Denver we literally had to run from gate 90 across the airport to gate B22.  We heard them paging us and we still had several gates to go.  Emily's little legs were running just as fast as they could.  One of her shoes kept falling off and our carry on's started to feel really heavy. We literally arrived at the gate with only 1 minute before the gate would close. Whew!

From Denver we headed to Washington D.C.  It was such a blessing, a lady that we met who was seated behind us with her 4 year old son were super nice.  It just so happened that the row behind them was empty; Emily and her son Wyatt colored, did puzzles, and had fun.  We arrived 2 am shuttled to a hotel, woke up at 6 am and here we are in The Dulles Airport in D.C waiting to board.

Our next flight is with Ethiopian Airways.  This will be the LONG flight however upon arrival we will be in Ethiopia! After waiting 2.5 years it is time. We are about to meet the daughter that we have been loving from afar.  It is all so surreal and absolutely wonderful!!  We are on our way baby girl!

Each day I count my blessings. I have many things to be thankful for.  I have an amazing husband who has worked extremely hard to get us this far. He has been diligent, hardworking and faithful in pursuing his gift of photography.  Thank you Lord for blessing His work. I have a great family, dysfunction and all (just keeping it real), I have loving and kind friends.  Both nearby and many whom I have yet to meet but I hold them close in my heart.  I know I keep saying it over and over... but the love, encouragement and support has impacted me in such a way and it is beautiful.  God is showing me His plan and healing many hurts.  God is good and faithful.  I have been learning tough lessons about patience and trusting. Not fun at all, however I also know that through his refinement of my flaws and hurts I will become equipped to be a better wife, mother and friend. So Lord have your way with me.

Next post we will be from Ethiopia! Woohoo!

Love, peace and joy to you all,
Connie









No comments:

Post a Comment