Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Beloved

"I am my beloveds and my beloved is mine"

It just so happened that while we were in Addis Ababa my husbands birthday rolled around.  We had already been in country for one week.  I wasn't quite sure what this was going to look like but I knew that I wanted to do something special for him.

 One day on the way to the care center to visit our daughter we had our driver, Brooke, stop at the All-Mart. Rick decided to get an eye exam and contact lenses while we were here so he was at that appointment. Perfect, Pop Pop, Emily and I alone to scheme!  I must say in a country where birthdays are not really celebrated in the same manner as here in the States we were going to have to get creative.  Thankfully up on the second floor of All-Mart we came across some birthday party items for kids.  Perfect! Birthday cards were pretty much non-existent but that was ok, we found a mushy card with red roses on it and a sappy verse for him. :)  They had a nice little bakery and we took a type of strawberry sponge cake and a black forest cake or at least that what we thought they were.  After they got smashed down with the cling wrap it didn't really matter. We found a party hat, birthday candles and little party blowers.  Emily was so excited for his party she could hardly keep it a secret when we all met up at the care center later.  We weren't sure when his party was going to be but things have a way of working out.

That night we went to Avanti's for dinner. It is nice Italian restaurant.  The staff was very accommodating with letting us bring in the cakes and birthday stuff.  (Of course they did charge us extra birr for doing so, which was fine).  They took it all back to the kitchen and although Rick knew something was up he did not know what exactly.  After dinner we hear this loud music playing a birthday song in English and here are the waiters pushing out a cart with Rick's birthday cakes. They put his birthday hat on and we all tooted the party favors followed by an off key "happy birthday" song.  He then blew out his candles and made a wish. It all worked out perfectly.

Honey, I hope whatever you wished for that night that it all comes true! You are a wonderful husband, incredible father and I am so thankful to be sharing life with you!!

Surprise!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday and many more...

Look'n good honey! I really like this look, seriously!!



No comments:

Post a Comment